Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Mystery Man - Kristen Ashley

Book Blurb:
While drinking cosmopolitans, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. But her fear that she lost her dream man turns into a relationship with a mystery man when, night after night in the dead of night, he comes back for more. Hoping it will blossom into something real, she lets him.

But she doesn’t even know his name.

Gwen’s struggling with the decision to end their crazy non-relationship when her sister-from-hell, Ginger’s best friend pays a visit and warns Gwen that if she and her sister don't get smart, they'll both get d-e-a-d, dead. Gwen has no clue what’s going on but she’s used to Ginger’s antics and decides to lay the problem on her sister’s biker boyfriend's doorstep. Bad choice. She hits the Denver Underground radar with a big, loud ping.

This means Gwen’s Mystery Man, Cabe “Hawk” Delgado has to step in to keep her safe. But when Hawk gets a dose of Gwen in the daylight, he makes the decision that he finally wants real with Gwen. However when Gwen gets a dose of badass, bossy, straight-talker Hawk in the daylight, she decides she’s done.

Thus begins the head-to-head of the Commando vs. Cosmo Girl as Hawk woos Gwen in his own unique way, Gwen survives firebombs, drive-bys, kidnappings, hot pursuits by biker hotties and gorgeous police detectives and discovers the heartbreaking reason why Hawk kept her at arm’s length.

And as all this happens, Gwen finds that her sister’s troubles are serious trouble and she must decide who to keep alive: her sister-from-hell or the man of her dreams.

In My Own Words:
When Gwen's sister finds herself in deep trouble, Gwen realizes that her sister's trouble has now become hers as well.  Turning to the only man that is in her life, and by that she means the only man in her bed, she finds out just how serious this situation really is.  Until the police arrive, she doesn't even know her mystery man's name, and at a few points, she wishes she could forget it.  But, when the bullets fly, Hawk makes it his mission to keep Gwen safe, but is she safe with him??

Notable Quote:
"Woulda made a deal with the devil to get my wife and daughter back." He was still whispering and my breath stilled. "Don't have that chance so nothin' I can do about that. But I darkened your door, baby, and you lit up my life again so I'm not lettin' that go."  (*sigh*)

Review:
This was my first Kristen Ashley book, and you will see from reviews coming up, it wasn't my last.  I really loved this story.  The writing style took me a just bit to get used to, but once I did, I loved it.  Hawk is Alpha to the 10th degree and Gwen us just as stubborn.  I loved all of the secondary characters, Tack and Lawson...plus who can forget Dog?  Gwen had backbone and grit, Hawk is learning that is what he likes in a woman, but when her backbone gets in his way, he also realizes she has options, which kinda pisses him off even more.  Her sister, wasn't my favorite person, but I came to understand her in the end.  And not to give away spoilers, but in the Epilogue....I laughed, cried and giggles and finally the names made me cracked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin