Pages

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Forged in Fire - Trish McCallan

Book Blurb:
Beth Brown doesn’t believe in premonitions until she dreams a sexy stranger is gunned down during the brutal hijacking of a commercial airliner. When events in her dream start coming true, she heads to the flight’s departure gate. To her shock, she recognizes the man she’d watched die the night before.

Lieutenant Commander Zane Winters comes from a bloodline of elite warriors with psychic abilities. When Zane and two of his platoon buddies arrive at Sea-Tac Airport, he has a vision of his teammates’ corpses. Then she arrives—a leggy blonde who sets off a different kind of alarm.

As Beth teams up with Zane, they discover the hijacking is the first step in a secret cartel’s deadly global agenda and that key personnel within the FBI are compromised. To survive the forces mobilizing against them, Beth will need to open herself to a psychic connection with the sexy SEAL who claims to be her soul mate.

In My Own Words:
When parts of a dream Beth has start coming true, she feels she HAS to warn some men that she sees die in her dream.  Her biggest fear is that they won't believe her and dismiss her as a nut.  Little does she know LC Zane Winters has his own psychic abilities and had already been alerted to something hinky on his flight, that he is taking with 2 of his platoon buddies.

While trying to help the team figure out the who/what and why, Beth realizes there is much much more to Zane.  And in the middle of a planning session, she is told that Zane believes she is his soul mate and her life is no longer her own, but she belongs to him. "HUH"??  But, while tracking down the bad guys, she becomes a believer when Zane enters her mind in their own, very cool psychic connection.


Notable Quote:
Except...if she was dreaming, wouldn't he be a jacked-up, massively muscled vampire warrior, rather than the testosterone laden, far-to-alpha-but human- pain-in-the-derriere?

Rating:
I will be the first to admit, I was very skeptical about this book.  I am not normally a paranormal lover, and went in to reading it with a very closed mind.  I couldn't have been more surprised when I loved it.  My book pals will never believe me when I tell them, I can't wait for the next in this series.  The psychic connection between Beth and Zane is wickedly awesome.  Their banter and his "your mine" attitude ratcheted up the lust level for me.  There was so much going on in this book.  My heart broke when the SAC watched the video of his wife, and then when she put all of what had been done to her aside to help the others.  I sincerely think my favorite part was when Mac blew off the bad guys balls, I gasped and giggled at the same time.  My only issue with this book, was that it seemed to end rather abruptly.  I am hoping the next book will pick up where this one left off, although waiting isn't my best attribute.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hope,

    Thank you so much for this fantastic review of Forged in Fire. I've been getting some great reviews, but this one of yours tickled me no end. I really, REALLY loved it. Partly because you sounded so surprised that you actually like the book and partly because of the way you described your reaction to that scene between Mac and Chino. Yeah, your gasp and giggle made me giggle too and gave me a silly grin for the rest of the night.

    So thanks for my favorite review and sending me to bed with a big smile!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin