Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Don't Tell - Karen Rose

Book Blurb:
It was a desperate plan. But Mary Grace Winters knew the only way to save herself and her child from her abusive cop husband was to stage their own death. Now all that remains of their former life is at the bottom of a lake. Armed with a new identity in a new town, she and her son have found refuge hundreds of miles away. As Caroline Stewart, she has almost forgotten the nightmare she left behind nine years ago. She is even taking a chance on love with Max Hunter, a man with wounds of his own. But her past is about to collide with the present when her husband uncovers her trail and threatens her hard-won peace. Step by step, he's closing in on her- and everything and everyone she loves.

In My Own Words:
With not only her life at stake, but also her young son's, Mary Grace makes the decision that will change their lives.  She made the decision to die.  When she was reborn, she became Caroline and once her new life was set in motion, there was no stopping her.  While working at the university, she meets Max, who is now her new boss after the sudden and painful death of her mentor and dear friend.  She begins to trust and in that, begins to love.  Just as her life is on track, Mary Grace's life comes back to haunt her.  Will she be strong enough to face her past while keeping a firm hand on her future?

Notable Quote:
Petey nodded sagely. "And your shoulder must hurt, too."
Max's brows drew together in a mild frown.  "Why would my shoulder's hurt?"
"Daddy says you have a chip on your shoulder the size of a mountain."  (out of the mouths of babes lol)

Review:
I happened to have started this series out of order, mainly because I didn't know there was an order.  So after I read "You Belong To Me", I HAD to have more.  When I went to Karen's website, I immediately saw my mistake, but it was also a blessing, that meant there was MORE!!!

Don't Tell had everything you could want from a romantic suspense book.  A deep rooted hatred for evil that Caroline must overcome if she ever wishes to find true love.  This was almost painful to watch play out.  I have a great deal of respect for women in these situations and I feel that Karen Rose, did an amazing job of portraying the very real evil that lives behind closed doors.  I loved Caroline's support system and the fact that Dana didn't take ANY crap from Caroline and told her like it is.  Tom, amazing, resilient, protective Tom.  An amazing young man, and wonderfully written.  Then, the story with Max.  I loved that the author didn't rush the love story, but let it happen naturally.  The secondary family characters were a riot.  I hope Dana and David get a story, I think that could be...explosive!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin