Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Ride The Fire - Jo Davis

Synopsis:
After a tragedy took the lives of his wife and children, Sean was a shattered man who drowned his pain and heartbreak in alcohol.  Now, fresh from rehab, he wants to stay clean, regain the trust of his team, and begin again.  The last thing he needs is to have feelings for beautiful Eve Marshall, the lone female at the station.  But even as they dare to explore their mutual desires, Sean discovers that the accident that stole his family may have been cold-blooded murder.  Ant that a vengeful shadow from his past has returned to commit a shocking act of terror and finish off Sean and anyone he loves...

Review:
This is the 5th book in the Station 5 series and Jo Davis has done it again.  I was pulled in to Sean's story long before his book was written and I wasn't disappointed.  Sean had to overcome so much heartache and addiction that it I wasn't sure he would ever get his happily-ever-after.  The family that "Ride The Fire" portrays the firefighters is unparalleled blood or not, this crew took care of each other.  Eve is a strong woman that found her man long before he was available to her, but her patience and heart are rewarded.  The villain wasn't expected for me, but I enjoyed the flashbacks to Sean's military days.

Notable Quote:
"...Because if I find out you are?  I'll cut off your balls and use them as Christmas ornaments..." (Eve's mother making sure that Sean was on the up and up where her daughter was concerned)

Rating:
5 out of 5.  This story had everything in it, there was heartache, love, passion and a deep abiding friendship among all of the characters.  Definitely going on my keeper shelf.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Hope.I read Trial by Fire a while ago and that was a great book. I'll have to put this one on my TBR list.

    Nice Review!
    ~Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book and enjoyed it, but haven't thought about getting the others yet. I have to say that Sean is the one I'm looking forward to the most!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin