Pages

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Promises In The Dark - Stephanie Tyler

Synopsis:
A rugged Navy SEAL, Zane Scott, was part of a failed mission to rescue Dr. Olivia Strohm from abduction by the terrorist group Dead man's Hand - and her anguished screams have haunted him ever since.  So when he gets word that the beautiful physician has escaped from her captors in Africa, he's got personal reasons to storm the continent and save her. like her would-be liberator, Olivia carries the burden of a dark secret from her past.  Ruthless and relentless, the DMH has threatened to hunt her down - and to systematically hurt anyone she's close to.  The last thing she wants is to be rescued - even by someone as shockingly handsome as Zane.  Yet the hotheaded special ops hero has come for her, and together she and Zane just might have a shot at not only stopping DMH's reign of terror, but also saving what's left of their souls.

Review:
I was really looking forward to this book.  This is the 2nd book in the Shadow force series and I enjoyed the first book immensely.  This book was VERY hard for me to get in to.  There is actually 3 stories going on and there is a lot of ground work that had to be laid down for the story to melt cohesively.  I am a bit disappointed that only one of the stories came to an "end" at the end of the book.  Caleb, Zane's brother, had a big role in this book and a love interest of his own, but it never got to an ending and while reading the preview of the next book, it is about a different team member.  So I was a bit confused by that and was left....wanting more, and not in a great way.  After all of the ground work was finally laid, I actually got in to the book and enjoyed it a great deal.

Notable Quote:
"Is that why you hit me in the head with a frying pan, to stop me from leaving?" Zane and Liv convincing each other they are in it for the long haul.

Rating:
I have this story a 3 out of 5.  Zane's story was great, but I was left asking more questions and wondering about the other 2 couples.  Not giving up, I love Stephanie Tyler, and I will be first in line to buy the next Shadow Force book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin