Pages

Friday, November 04, 2011

Against The Storm - Kat Martin

Book Blurb:
Redheads like Maggie O'Connell are nothing but trouble. But Trace Rawlins, a former army ranger turned private investigator, takes the case anyway. After all, he knows a thing or two about women.

Trace can sense that something is wrong—Maggie isn't telling him everything. If these menacing calls and messages are real, why won't the police help her? And if they aren't real, what is she hiding?

As Trace digs deeper to find the source of Maggie's threats, he discovers a secret that no one was meant to uncover. And the only puzzle left to be solved is whether the danger comes from an unknown stalker…or from the woman he's trying his hardest not to fall for.

In My Own Words:
When Maggie can't ignore all of the weird hang-ups and notes left for her, she decides it is time to take matters in to her own hands and hire the best private investigator she has heard of...Trace Rawlins.  Trace has a sweet spot for redheads, and knows he looses his mind when they are near.  But can't help but take her case when the danger seems all to real.  As Trace begins to dig deeper in to the case, he realizes that Maggie hasn't been 100% honest with him, and he isn't sure what part of her story is real or fake.  As the calls become more frequent, and the danger becomes really close, will Trace bite the bullet and believe Maggie and help, or will Maggie be left to her own devices?

Review:
We met Trace in one of the previous "Against" books, and I loved him since then.  A rugged cowboy type that has a military background and a love for life...and redheads.  I really liked the secondary characters, I enjoyed getting to know them almost as much as the main characters.  Roxanne, the bestfriend....I sincerely hope she gets a story, she seems like she has a lot to say, I think she would be a kick in the pants.  The flow of this story was good, and I didn't ever feel like I was bored, but I also wasn't riveted to the pages like I have been with previous Kat Martin books.  So while this was a good edition to the "Against" series, I guess I look for more action when it comes to this series.  I did like it though, and am looking forward to the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin