Pages

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Breaking Free - Teresa Reasor

Book Back:
When LIEUTENANT ADAM “HAWK” YAZZIE rescues ENSIGN BRETT “CUTTER” WEAVER during a mission in Iraq, his faith in his team’s loyalty is shaken. Someone in the team attacked Cutter and left him for dead. But who?

ZOE WEAVER races to her brother Brett’s bedside. He stood by her while she fought her way back from a devastating injury, and she’s determined to do the same for him. Though drawn to Hawk’s good looks and steady strength, she’s reluctant to get involved with a man in uniform. But with Brett lying in a coma, Hawk may prove the key to what happened to her brother.

Hawk is torn between loyalty to his men and his need to see justice done. When he tries to save a troubled teammate’s career, he unwittingly puts Zoe’s life in danger. Can he lead the rest of the team in a rescue operation to save her? Or will one of Hawk's brothers in arms destroy the woman he loves?

In My Own Words:
When a mission goes horribly wrong, the SEAL team comes home to recover and heal the team.  Zoe and her mother (Clara) rush to be by his side and help with whatever it is that needs to be done to heal Cutter.  Zoe is on a mission of her own, to find out how the hell her brother ended up in the hospital with a smashed in head...little does she know that Hawk has the same mission.

Hawk's first act of business, to ease his guilt, is to offer his home to Cutter's sister and mother a place to live while they are waiting on Cutter to wake from his head injuries.  When Clara has to rush to her other daughter's side because of a pregnancy gone awry, Hawk and Zoe are left all alone and it isn't long before they throw caution to the wind and sparks fly.

While starting to finally start to get some clues as to what happened on the mission, Hawk is put in a position of having to defend his team, not only to Zoe and the brass but to himself.  Can it be possible that one of his own tried to kill another brother in the heat of battle?  Or will Hawk figure it out to late to save the only woman he has ever loved?

Notable Quote:
"We've been grilling out a lot, and I catch a few rays while Hawk's burning whatever meat we're having."

Review:
The best word I can use to describe this book is EPIC.  The heartbreak of a family over a severe accident to one of their own, not only the family by blood, but the brothers in arms.  There was a part of the book where Clara had to go because her daughter was having complications in her pregnancy, and she said "I shouldn't have to choose between them."  That really struck me, and made me tear up a little.  This is an epic journey that had ups and downs and loves and hurts.  It is a long story, which I actually appreciated because nothing felt rushed, and on the other hand, it didn't feel drawn out either.  The author did an amazing job of keeping my attention.  I thought I had the bad guy figured out several times, then something would change my mind and I would move on to someone else.  I didn't figure it out until the end, which I really appreciated.  My one complaint would be, the book was pretty long, so it didn't appear there was a rush to end the story, but the HEA seemed a little rushed at the end, in my opinion.  I don't at all think that took away from the story and I can't wait until the next one is out.  I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves a good romantic suspense story!

2 comments:

  1. Hope:
    I'm thrilled you did a review of Breaking Free. I'm so pleased you liked the book so well!!
    Thank you for you kind words.

    Teresa Reasor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope:
    I would love for you to post your review to Amazon or Barnes and Noble. I'm so thrilled you wrote about my book.
    Teresa R.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin