Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Quinn - RC Ryan

Book Blurb:
As a young boy, Quinn Conway was shattered by his mother's mysterious disappearance. Today, as the oldest of the Conway brothers, his only concern is protecting his family and their ranch. One look at beautiful, strong-willed Cheyenne O'Brien tells him she's also no stranger to tragedy. A series of increasingly dangerous "accidents" are plaguing her and her land, and Quinn can't stand idly by while a woman is in danger. Fiercely independent, Cheyenne isn't one to lean on others, yet she can't deny her attraction to the rugged rancher offering help. Soon, the passion building between them proves as wild and untamed as the land she loves-and just as impossible to resist. But a relentless enemy is about to make one final devastating move. To survive, Quinn and Cheyenne must put their cherished freedom-and their hearts-at risk . . .

In My Own Words:
While chasing down a wolf killer, Quinn is not only intrigued with what he finds he is mesmerized.  Cheyenne isn't any ole rancher, she is and independent ball of fire topped with an extra helping of sass. Soon Quinn realized that all is not what they seam in the O'Brien house hold starting with a fire that was meant to cause more harm then it did.  While staying at the Conway ranch, Cheyenne comes to love their family and soften her heart toward a certain Wolf Whisperer.  When the "accidents" and near misses start to add up, Quinn decides it is up to him to stop them.  Putting her life and her heart in Quinn's hands, Cheyenne is in for the ride of her life.

Review:
I am a huge fan of RC Ryan, and was very excited for this new series.  I loved the chemistry between Quinn and Cheyenne.  I wasn't sure who was taming whom, which was fun to watch.  The first few scenes had me in tears, and I wasn't sure I wanted to read a tear jerker, but I am so glad that I pressed on.  That teary scene made Quinn who he is, and in the same way, each brother took something from that day.  The brothers are all so different but yet so much of their blood is in the ranch.  The "bad guy" was glaringly apparent to me from the start, but I didn't think that took away from the story at all.  My only issue was the redundancy in some of the wording.  I can't wait to get started on Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin