Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rock Chick (Renegade) - Kristen Ashley

Book Blurb:
Jules has got a score to settle against the drug dealers of Denver. Vance has made it his mission that Jules won’t get dead while dishing out vigilante justice. Jules doesn’t have time for romance, she’s too busy saving the world and she enlists Zip (the gunstore owner), Heavy (an ex-PI) and Frank (a mysterious recluse) to help.

The Rock Chicks of Fortnum’s Bookstore get involved to provide romantic advice and guidance, none of which Jules accepts at first. The Hot Bunch of Nightingale Investigations adopt Jules as one of their own. Even though Jules tries to hang on to her inner Head Crackin’ Mamma Jamma, the Rock Chicks; Hot Bunch; Jules’s long-suffering Uncle Nick; Jules’s friend the rotund, African-American, Jackie-O wannabe, May; and especially Vance will stop at nothing to wear her down.

But Jules makes some bad guys pretty angry and one is dedicated to taking her out. Vance and the Hot Bunch have to pull out all the stops to keep her alive. At the same time, Jules and Vance learn the true meaning of home but once they find this precious entity they’ve been searching for all their lives, will Jules’s enemies tear it away?

In My Own Words:
Jules is a social worker by day and kick ass momma jamma by night.  Losing one of her kids to drugs, twisted something in her, knowing she had to do something, she decided to start messing with the dealers.  Nothing big, canola oil in their BMW, plastic wrap on their doors...just stuff to annoy them an let them know there are people out there not going to take their crap.  Jules (Law is her street name), got the attention of Lee and his boys during a shootout in front of Indy's bookstore.  Vance decides after his first meet with her, she will be his.  Something about her, turns that big hard man in to a big softie and he liked what he felt.  Jules has made some very bad enemies, and Vance has taken to keeping her safe, thus marking her as his own, THUS, bringing in the Rock Chicks, who come to offer moral support, sex tips and friendship.  Keeping her kids safe is her priority, but when they chips are down, Vance is the one she depends on, and that scares her....to death.

Notable Quote:
"I see you didn't break up with Vance last night," Jet said, smiling at me.
"I did," I told her, "he just kinda ignored me."

Review:
I think this is my favorite of the series so far (I know I have said that before, but I mean it this time).  Jules is a kick ass, sassy and smart vigilante with a heart for her kids.  She isn't going to let anyone stop her from wrecking havoc on the drug dealers.  Vance is smart enough to know, he can't stop her, so he wants to get her trained by his boys, the best in the business.  I loved that, he didn't want to change her, he wanted to help her stay safe.  We had lots of great characters in this one too....May, works with Jules, and is fiercely protective of her.  Nick, he uncle and only living family member.  And of course the Rock Chicks and all the mayhem they bring along with them.  I was on the edge of my seat a few times, and holding my breath at others.  I felt sad, and laughed out loud too.  I love to connect with characters, and this book did JUST THAT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin